Tavish's language has really taken off. Every day is a showcase of new words. He is even linking words: "moe. pa-tah. peease." (more pasta please). Really, it's unbelievable - we had no idea he knew so many words. I'm sure I'll get a video on here at some point to demonstrate the clarity of his speech, but this post is to commemorate the words that are a little less clear, but spoken with conviction.
MOMENT: The "Wahs" and the "Fahs"
Sometimes Tavish uses creative licence and artistic authority to communicate with us. It requires experience, context, and some patience (for him and us) to get the message clearly. Without the perfect balance of these things, you're putting on Tavish's shoes for a walk while he wails for more wrap (and is miffed that you don't get it). Consider this a helpful guide for Tavish-talk.
It occured to me that this would make an excellent post when Tom and I had this conversation:
Tom: hey that sounded like "muffin" when Tavish says it.
Kath: you mean "fuh-fuh"?
Tom: yeah, which kinda sounds like his "Chomper" too.
Kath: no, that's "fuh-fur"
Tom: oh
Kath: not to be confused with "fih-fih" which is "Sophie"
So, was I right? Good blog post?
No comments:
Post a Comment