For what seems like a long, long time - our conclusion about the construction on our street was that it would never be finished. However, amid snow flurries, plummeting temperatures and continued traffic craziness, the job seems to be coming closer to a close... at least until the spring (sigh).
| Supervising the hose-thawing work |
| Just when we thought the construction season was over... |
It was a Friday morning and I pulled back the curtain in our bedroom to what I assumed was the pinnacle of the construction action. The diggers were in full force digging a massive hole into the yards of our neighbours promising that ours would be next. All of this amid buses, garbage trucks and plenty of loud noises. I instantly called Tavish over - he was sure to be elated with this spectacle. I was wrong. He looked for a moment, said "huh", then was quickly distracted by the regular events of our morning. I was astounded and concerned. Tom seemed to sympathize with Tavish, "it's construction fatigue, Kath". Aw. He did perk back up again later and the frozen hose (that delivered water to our house for about 4 months) adventure did stimulate renewed interest. Phew! Without toddler excitement, living with constant construction is just down right inconvenient!
No comments:
Post a Comment