MOMENTS: Sleep Pals
Whenever Keva is put down to sleep, asking for her pals is part of the process. She's not reliant on them in that she's very understanding when they're unavailable (you know, when they're in a temporarily unknown location), but does enjoy giving them a snuggle before slumber.
![]() |
| The crew in the crib at bedtime |
Bedtime routines have always been consistent in our family. Stories and then songs. For both kids, I established a bedtime playlist on songs I'd sing before laying them down. Although they were different, they were both consistent enough then when I start singing the first song of either playlist, it usually just leads without thought into the next one. For both kids, they just stopped needing or wanting the songs one night, so here's my record of what was for a brief period, a normal part of bedtime.
Tavish's Bedtime Playlist:
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
- You are my Sunshine
- I'm the Painter of the Sky (a song from my UWP show)
- Believe the Sun Will Shine (also from my UWP show)
- You are my Sunshine
- Lullaby (a Dixie Chicks song that always played at my prenatal yoga class)
Keva's Bedtime Playlist:
- Baa Baa Black Sheep (brought in by Tom's playlist at bedtime)
- Row, Row, Row Your Boat (also requested from Tom's list)
- Sitting in my Highchair (song learned at Library storytime we attended in Ottawa)
- It's so Nice to Have a Cuddle (also from the Library storytime)
- I Love You (Bushel and a Peck)

No comments:
Post a Comment