Another year of gratitude captured in a wee-jar in our dining room. It is not filled often, but one year later, on the eve of Grade 5 (Tavish) and Grade 2 (Keva), we looked back at some of the things we were grateful for the year before....
MOMENT: Sharing Gratitude
Some highlights include...
Sept 4, 2018
Dad - grateful I get to drop kids off at school and that I now know where to go tomorrow!
Mom - grateful that Ms Pan seems very kind and that my work is flexible so I can walk to school with the kids on their first day!
Tavish - grateful that today was the first day of school and that we got to go for ice cream at Ed's!
Keva - grateful that we went for ice cream and that Amy will pick us up tomorrow and I'm excited to see Vannder!
Sept 23, 2018
Dad - grateful for Tavish helping Keva clean up the living room, it was very kind
Mom - Grateful for Keva's positive attitude and effort when she tries new things. Also grateful for Tavish's kindness to others when they need it most
Tavish - grateful to play my first hockey game and that Keva gets to try hockey
Keva - grateful that I tried hockey. Grateful that I love Mommy, Daddy, and Tavish. And that I love myself.
October 1, 2018
Tavish - grateful that I made the soccer team at school!
Keva - grateful and proud of myself for running really fast to help Daddy and today, I was cold!
November 5, 2018
Dad - grateful for the help of friends and family over the past few weeks; mostly to take kids to and from activities while Mommy is at the hospital
Mom - grateful for the doctors, nurses, and medicine that are helping Grandpa recover
November 19
Dad - grateful that Grandpa Mike is in town again after being gone for only 2 weeks!
Mom - grateful that Grandpa Mel is feeling better so I could go to school to pick up Tav & Keevs
Tavish - grateful for being on a hockey team and getting to do a 3 on 3 scrimmage at the end of practice today
Keva - grateful that Johnny did not butt in line today and that I got 2 fuzzies from Ms Pan
Feb 3, 2019
Dad - grateful that Auntie Colleen was so kind to let us use her car because our car was towed away
Mom - grateful I was able to have not one but two naps this busy weekend!
Tavish - grateful for Superbowl dinner
Keva - grateful I did my exercises properly because I did well with them [vision therapy]
Feb 26, 2019
Tavish - grateful that I got to skate outside at home!
Keva - grateful that I got to go to Ivy's birthday party today at her house
March 27, 2019
Dad - grateful for Mommy's extra efforts at home when I was busy at work
Mom - grateful that my voice is slowly coming back and that I otherwise feel very well
Tavish - grateful for my birthday celebration the other day and for getting to go out with my team on my actual birthday too
Keva - grateful for Sophie's party and wishing I could go on an airplane with you guys [Mom and Tavish heading to Fort Frances to see Grandpa Mel and Grandma]
April 11, 2019
Tavish - grateful for food and water and having our needs met
Keva - grateful that I go to be in an assembly tomorrow ["I will always tell the truth, even when it's hard to do..."] and for this dinner
June 26, 2019
Dad - grateful for getting to play catch in the Roger's Centre with Tavish
Mom - grateful for the sunny weather and Keva finding her balance on 2 wheels with 2 pedals! And that the outdoor pools opened early!
Keva - grateful I'm getting more used to bugs, but not really
Aug 12, 2019
Dad - grateful for summer and that as a family, we get to do a lot of things (yesterday was baseball - subway - baseball and Keva biked up a big hill on her own; day before we went to a pool party at Quinn's!)
Mom - grateful for family biking, swimming pools, flowers growing, comfy outdoor furniture, and a safe neighbourhood
Tavish - grateful I get to make a slushie after dinner, that I'm signed up for baseball camp again, and that I get allowance money!
Keva - grateful that I get to go camping with Mommy and that Daddy will put me to bed tonight...I love Mommy and Daddy and that's all.
Sept 1, 2019
Dad - grateful that when we travel for tournaments, that there are parts of the event that the whole family enjoys
Mom - grateful that I get to spend the summer with my kids and that I'll continue to have more time because I am not back to work this year!
Tavish - grateful that I made it to the OBAs [provincial baseball tournament] and that I'm a good catcher
Keva - grateful that we went to a hotel... I loved the hotel and am happy we stayed 2 nights and that I got this necklace! I'm grateful that we will go to a Blue Jays game and also, I love Coach Rob so much! I love swimming at all the girls from baseball.
No comments:
Post a Comment