Keva's comeback and one-liner skills seems to be sharpening these days ...
Setting: Family sitting around the table together enjoying take-out Indian dinner
Tavish: "Indian is the only meal I'm okay with mixing parts of the meal" ... "it'll always be like this, no mixing except Indian food (pause) and I know I'll never like beets either. Ever."
Mommy: (with guiding wisdom) "No need to have a fixed mindset about this, either of those things can and may still change,"
Tavish: (repeats and insists with added emphasis) "No, this will *never* change."
Keva : "Okay, okay fixed boy!"
Later...
Keva gives a light hand slap on the arm to her brother, which he responds to with a grumble.
Keva: "Sorry Tavish, I'll never ever hurt you again" (pause then Keva tosses her head back while letting out a wholehearted "ha!"
Guess her promise lacked genuinity?!
No comments:
Post a Comment