MOMENT: Eye spy with many eyes - glasses, earrings, high 5s and hats (oh my)!
When we received the potato heads from a thoughtful friend, we figured it was a bit too early for Tavish to really enjoy it. So, I tossed all of the random bits into a bucket and onto a top shelf - then promptly forgot about it. We were somewhere else when we noted his fascination with another potato head. Oops. Ours has been spilled about our floor and enjoyed daily since. He loves those things. The single pair of blue glasses have been worn (read: tried on) by ... well, anyone who will indulge him (including Chomper). In my opinion, he looks charming in them - you can see for yourself in the first (short) video below. There are also a few items that are less clear about what they are, namely the green circles that I dubbed 'earrings' one day. This could be foreshadowing for the future of Tavish's earlobes - he loves holding them up to his ears. (big smile) The best might be all of the arms that are about. I once took one and held it out saying: high 5! (blank stare) Fine. So, I enthusiastically high 5ed the hand. (laugh) Now, every single time he is about to put an arm into the bucket, it gets an excited high 5. You'll see evidence of this below. You're welcome, I shortened several minutes of potato head footage into two shorter clips. Finally, he's long had a thing with hats (hand tap on the top of his head), we never step out of the door without one. There have to be half a dozen in there and each has had a turn, or two ... or a hundred, atop Tavish's (and Mommy's) head. When we clean up all of the pieces - and they get cleaned up often (then dumped out again shortly after), there is hat donning, high 5ing, earring holding and glass wearing all en route to the bucket. The whole thing is an entertaining spectacle, if not a little time consuming as well (sigh). I think we've created a Mu-na-mah-na-ma-na monster!
No comments:
Post a Comment