Monday, May 28, 2012

A Birth Story

"A baby is something you carry inside you for 9 months, in your arms for 5 years, and in your heart until the day you die."
- Mary Mason

Proud Parents
The weigh-in: 8 pounds 1.6 ounces
Working Women: Our amazing midwives
Keva's Welcomers: Khadija, Mommy, Daddy & Tess
Snuggle Time with Daddy
Welcome, Keva.
Dressed and Ready
Keva Jean
A Moment with Mommy
Terrific Tess
Let's Hit the Road!
Home Snuggles at 4 Hours Old

We welcomed our daughter, Keva Jean on Monday, May 28, 2012 at 7:29am weighing  8 pounds, 1.6 ounces and was 51 cm long.


"Active" labour started about 2:45am. Our midwife, Tess, was paged at 3:15am. When she arrived about an hour later, I was already dilated to 7cm and eager to get to the hospital. We were off to the hospital when Grandpa Mike arrived to hold down the house and get Tavish off to school in the morning. I was on the bed in the hospital by 4:55am and emphatically requesting the epidural. Once I had the epidural and was willing to push, Keva arrived less than 20 pushes later in the company of Tom, Tess and Khadija. Tom, Keva and I were at home napping together by noon. What an early, speedy and wonderful birth it was ... even though I'm now teased that she probably could have been here before 5:30 had I not been such an unwilling  participant in the event without medical assistance! ha.

MOMENT: Early Arrival

Keva arrived 10 days before her 'due' late and early in the morning. She was born strong and healthy. We are so excited that you're here to join our family, little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment