Wednesday, September 12, 2012

First Day of School

Well, our 'baby' went back for another year of Montessori school in the Casa program. These 'big' days so obviously point out the passage of time. We had to buy him new shoes (size 11, when school ended in June, he was wearing size 9), he's grown several inches (negligent parents haven't kept record of height (blush), but is 41 inches now), and is certainly less toddler - more boy. At the risk of sounding cliche, they really do grow up so fast...

With his new size 11 shoes
The face of a growing boy

MOMENT: Letting Go Can be Hard to Do

Tavish seemed hesitant about school starting, even though he put on a brave face in the morning (as you'll see in the video). He even noted sweetly a few days before that: "it's not my first time" in calm response to my pumping up 'the first day of school'. I was also a real mix of emotions about the whole thing... letting your kids grow up is hard. (pout) The first drop off wasn't exactly smooth (picture some screaming as I walked away after he pittifully said "I want to go home with you" - heart break for Mommy), but thankfully Grandpa Mike stayed with Keva so I could focus exclusively on Tavish. At the end of the day, he was happy and excited about school again (relief for Mommy), so this is a good news story after all!




No comments:

Post a Comment