Kids really do say the darndest things...
MOMENT: Funny Fellow
#1: Having dinner the other night, out of nowhere, Tavish pipes up excitedly: "it's tomorrow!". (pause)Tom and I shared a confused glance. Not wanting to immediately quash his enthusiasm, we slowly started to respond "well, honey tomorrow is..." when Tavish interrupted confidently with: "the popsicles are ready!". Huh? (pause again) Oh, the day before, Tavish and I made popsicles together, which understandingly, he wanted to eat right away. I gently told him: "the popsicles will be ready tomorrow". He seemed a bit disappointed, but was overall still keen to make popsicles. So, our toddler was mostly right, the next day was indeed "tomorrow" and we did, in fact, enjoy "tomorrow's" popsicles that night after dinner.
#2: In the car on the way to morning drop off at Tavish's school he says from the backseat: "If something happens to this car, then maybe we can have a convertible. You know, one of those ones with two seats - that two people go in. I can go in the seat that doesn't drive and you can go in the other seat that drives. And Daddy and Keva can go in this car! Or, they can go in a convertible too...well, a different convertible - or ours when we are done." I'll be honest, I was touched that he invited me into his 2 seater convertible (heart melt).
No comments:
Post a Comment