There was a rock revival in our dining room over dinner one night. It started when Tavish was irrationally disappointed (he's 4) about not being the one to pick up Keva's waterbottle that she tossed on the floor (she's almost 1). When I said: "Hey Tavish, there's this neat song ... want to hear it?". He did, so I sang it (poorly) but played the real thing later for him to rock out to...
MOMENT: You Can't Always Get What You Want
We'd recently enjoyed brunch where the Beatles and Rolling Stones portraits and songs were pointed out to Tavish. After my performance, we asked him who the bands were that we talked about in the restaurant, he remembered "Beetle Bop" and "Rolling Rocks". Ha. Needless to say, he was pretty excited to jam with the Stones and his folks were excited that the song's repetitive message might be getting through to him...
MOMENT: Lasting Impressions
Fast-forward a few weeks and we had confirmation that the message was delivered, but perhaps not received. It was while up north visiting my family and it was e-a-r-l-y. Mommy doesn't do early. Tavish was sent back to his room for 'quiet' time. This is what I got ... and it wasn't what I wanted. But, I did get what I needed, a good chuckle...in hindsight, anyway!
Note: might need more volume for this one...
No comments:
Post a Comment