After having a few days in a row of sunshine and lolly pops, frolicking in a field of flowers with the kids, Tom and I decided to head out on a date night. Tom didn't make it home from work, so I was to meet him at Second City for the 8:00 show. I had arranged for the sitter to be over for 7:30, it'd be tight, but I'd dash out on my bike and just make it...
MOMENT: Makes Cents
The sitter is over, my bike is out, all systems are a go. No. They aren't. Tavish decides to share with me at 7:31 that he doesn't like our babysitter (not that he interacts with her, he's already tucked in when she arrives). It was a saga. It went on. And on. And on. Time was beyond tight. So, in one attempt at explaining a reason why I wanted to go, I'd said something about money. Having spent the money... etc. Things were heightened at this time what with both of us emphatically trying to express our point to the other, so Tavish responded with a simple solution to a complicated problem:
Tavish: "Mom, if you want more money, take the money you have and buy something at the store and they'll give MORE money back to you!!!"
I melted inside and softened my perspective on this loving five year old who wanted everything to be okay ... and for the sitter to go home. He really tried to solve my problem for me and I love him for it. I really, really, really wish that his solution would work!
I did get there, I was a little late ... and the delay was completely worth it ... in hindsight... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment