
MOMENT: Paddling Pleasure
Yay! He likes it! We know that paddling in our little red canoe is enjoyable for the whole family after several successful paddles this summer with Tavish. Now I can be reminded of this more often as this great book is one of his current top picks for books: One-Dog Canoe. This warms my heart on these cool fall days (where the heck did summer go so quickly anyway?!?). The illustrations are wonderful. Tavish can point out all of the details starting with the obvious: boa (boat), wuuuugh (dog), wa-wa-wa (water - with sign language accompaniment) but also the sound effect for fish (picture a guppy face), woohoo (loon) and can point out the beaver, wolf (awwwo), moose, frog, turtle and the paddle. I remember reading this to Tavish in the car last spring on our way to take him for his first ever paddle ... he loathed the lifejacket then, now - he scrambles right into in and waits eagerly to be put in the boat. It's now a family passion ... again, yay - he likes it!

MOMENT: Love is in the Air
I purchased this collection of stories back in Toronto when I was pregnant. At a Shopper's Drug Mart, no less. I believe that there may have been some nesting going on at the time. Needless to say, the stories have been brought out from time to time, but now - the book is saught out by Tavish. There are five sweet stories in there and he enjoys hearing all of them in one sitting. Many of them have animals which elicits sound effects as well as other images that he loves "bah bah bah" (ball). Yup, more warm Mommy heart over here. How can you not become a giant mush-ball? My baby wants to snuggle and listen to stories about how much I love him. The secret bonus for me is that I get to share lots of kisses on his head while I read it. Ah, I'm in love.
No comments:
Post a Comment