MOMENT: You're funny! No, you're funny!
The boys took to each other quickly and easily - no problems at all. Tavish was excited to see Jasper in the morning. I'd go into his room and although he lately has been less welcoming when you get in there (I don't get it, why cry out for me repeatedly and then when I get in there, want to stay in your crib - huh?), but all I had to say was: "would you like to go and see Jasper?" and the fist was going (yes) accompanied by the usual "uh-uh-uh" and his arms up. When we were part way down the stairs, Jasper would come running to see Tavish and they'd smile ... then laugh. Just getting to see each other was funny. Once they were together - the funny times began. They'd often be found one chasing the other laughing hysterically, sometimes 'yelling' and frequently stopping for a hug. Seriously, it was that cute. When we were at the Children's Museum and they'd stumble upon one another, there was the hug and some more following and laughing. One time Tavish had to crawl through a small area and just decided to continue crawling, so Jasper got down on all fours and played along. Then, they'd laugh - presumably because they were crawling? After swimming at the hotel, they played peek-a-boo with the lockers. Funny stuff. Tavish was also spotted playing peek-a-boo purely for Jasper's entertainment from the 'little house' in our backyard. He'd close the shutters and then open them with a delighted squeal and huge smile. "Jasper? Did you see that? You've gotta come check this place out!" Hahaha, yes Tavish - you're funny. In the playroom at the hotel, they took turns 'driving' the firetruck ... by 'driving' I mean that one would sit in it and the other would push them around. At one point, Jasper crawled into the truck with Tavish. Hahaha, no Jasper - you're funny. Neither of them seemed to mind the close quarters. Ah, friendship blooming at a young age. Perhaps it's partly the influence of modeled behaviour? Carol and I tend to squeal with excitment when we see one another and although I'm putting words in her mouth - we find each other pretty funnny too ... hmmm. Good friends are good stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment