Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pizza Pleasure

I wouldn't exactly describe Tavish as being picky when it comes to food, but make this guy some homemade pizza and it's instant belly bulge!



MOMENT: Some for you, more for me

Last night I decided to make some pizza from scratch. This isn't a first by any stretch, but it was a first for Tavish joining in. As a result, I opted to make the toppings more digestion friendly for the little fella (smaller). It was a wholewheat flax thin crust pizza with: spinach, zuchinni (grated), broccoli, red pepper, tomato, onion, cheddar and goat cheese. I'd offered him a piece of homemade pizza awhile back and was flatly refused. A different story last night. I'd no sooner go to take a piece for myself after cutting him a few pieces for his plate that I'd see him emphatically signing "more, more, more". He loved the stuff! Who knew flour, tomato sauce, veggies and some cheese could pretty much take a child over? It was like he was possessed - pizzaessed I guess. Sauce and crumbs were everywhere. His belly bulged as usual at the end of the meal, but his face had the extra appearance of gratitude. Well Tavish, it was my pleasure to make pizza for you, next time - I'll make more though ... Mommy and Daddy's tummies were not bulging when the pizza was gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment