I've been meaning to capture the moments that make motherhood so special and although there are many videos and photos which will account for the first 15 months of Tavish's life there are no journals or scrapbooks. So, this blog will document the tid-bits and tales of the moments that make a mother proud, happy and generally enthused about this ride that is motherhood. This has been created for me but I invite you to read, share and enjoy this collection of moments too.
Thursday, November 8, 2012
A Tale of Two Teeth
Turns out, we have dentally advanced children. Tavish got his first tooth at 6 1/2 months and people were surprised at how early that was. Enter Keva. She was sure not to bare a toothless grin for long, her first tooth appeared at the ripe old age of 4 1/2 months.
MOMENT: Toothy Grins
Imagine our surprise when we noticed one Sunday afternoon in MEC that our 4 1/2 month old had a tooth. I called Tavish over to see and he studied her until he spotted it. "Good for you Keev! You have a tooth!", he exclaimed while excitedly patting her leg. So, the next day, I diligently tried to capture this tooth on camera.
Keva's first tooth
Age: 4.5 months
This put me in mind of when we pulled over from our Thanksgiving wedding weekend drive to feed Tavish. That was when I spotted his first tooth and wanted to take a snapshot to remember this discovery by.
Tavish's first tooth
Age: 6.5 months
Keva must have decided that the teething pain wouldn't be worth it for one measly tooth. Two days later, on Tuesday morning, there was tooth number two. She seemed protective of it (or was just preoccupied feeling it herself), but like a mother does, I persevered and captured what I could. A mother also goes back over old footage of her first born to see what she can dig up as well...
No comments:
Post a Comment