Thursday, December 5, 2013

Fine Dining

In response to the oft asked: "what's for dinner?", I've joked "I'm not sure, what have you made?" This usually elicits a chuckle, but one day, Tavish chuckled, paused, and then a wash of excitement came over him. Following another pause he said "but I can't use the big knives". "I can help you with anything that needs big knives. Is there something you'd like to make?" A final pause. "Yes, pasta!" And so ... it happened, our 4 year old made us all a pasta dinner ...

Stirring
Serving
Enjoying

MOMENT: Sous Chef Becomes Head Chef

A few days later, Tavish picked out the kind of pasta noodle he wanted (spaghetti) and helped select a few key ingredients at the grocery store. I drove him home and he took things from there. All I did to help was carry the pot of water to the stove, cut a few of the vegetables (carrots, celery, onion), and work with the ground beef. He even handled the garlic press largely on his own. Chef Tavish had everything under control. He served us our dinner with pride. Bon Appetite! It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment