Friday, October 29, 2010

BOO!

To help introduce Halloween, we read "Halloween Faces" that Grandma gave Tavish for Halloween this year along with last year's "10 Trick-or-Treaters". So far, I'd say that Tavish is catching on and finds this holiday pretty entertaining ...





MOMENT: Ack! Eek! (hehehe)

The first time I read "10 Trick-or-Treaters" yesterday, Tavish went into hysterics. To share the funny with Daddy, I read it last night to before bed and we caught it on video. A little less funny than the first 20 or so times I read it, but seemingly still enjoyable. Happy (almost) Halloween.



Thanks to these festive books, Tavish started pointing out "gum-pa-kins" on our walk and can now identify skeletons, vampires, witches and ghosts ...

MOMENT: Boo for Baby

Tavish refers to everyone under the age of 5ish as "baby". However, there appears to be one special "baby" simply called Baby. You may have noticed Baby in the video? He discovered her in a drawer of random hand-me-down toys in his room awhile back. Now she is in his crib with him most of the time when he's in there playing and/or sleeping. This morning I opened Tavish's door to see him reading "10 Trick-or-Treaters" to Baby and heard him say "Boo!". Sure enough, he was on the page with the ghost. Certainly the funniest start to my morning in a long, long time. Oh, here's a photo of Baby ... probably self-explanatory that Baby was a hand-me-down from a friend's daughter?



We are looking forward to our neighbourhood Halloween Parade and Potluck on Sunday. No doubt, an entry to commemorate it will follow. Hmm, wonder if Baby should join us? BOO!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! So cute! I love that he’s repeating words articulately...so cute! Enjoy the weird, blonde ribboned baby! I am not even sure Emma ever loved her, so I am glad Tavish is giving her some love!

    ReplyDelete