Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bucket Loss

We started using a new car seat for Tavish in the new year because we knew that Keva (and her Mommy's arm) wouldn't last too much longer with her in the bucket car seat (she is moving into Tavish's seat). It made sense, especially since we had pretty much become accustomed to carrying her out of the seat rather than hauling her in it anyway. There was one disadvantage I'd forgotten though ...

MOMENT: Cart Concern

Right, grocery shopping. With the bucket car seat, I just plopped the baby secured to the bucket into the cart. Now, there was no special seat to keep her secure because she couldn't be trusted to sit securely on her own (this first shopping trip happened back on January 7th). A family has to eat, so I secured her with the seat belt, stuffed her upright with my winter coat, attached a toy, and was off to find food. It was a success. The bucket mourning period was short - the routine task of grocery shopping was more interesting with Keva's company because of it's absence. I've always enjoyed getting groceries with my kid (now kids), and with a face like this - who can blame me?

No comments:

Post a Comment