| Sibling solidarity |
MOMENT: Stuffed
When the rattling starts, Tavish perks up with "can I go see Keevs?!" Off he goes, giving Keva notice of his impending presence by knocking on her door and calling out "Keva?!?". On occasion, our children play together through the railing of Keva's crib. We used to check in on them, but after repeatedly being met with blank stares from them (what? why are you here?), we prefer to just tally the toys in the crib when Tavish stops the snooze button with "I'm hungry. I think Keva wants to say good morning"...
MOMENT: Venting
| The communication vent |
I went into Tavish's room one morning and noticed his music player on the floor in front of the heating vent. I didn't think too much about it until a few nights later when Tavish leaned over and whispered "goodnight, Keevs" toward it. It was on a rare evening that Keva was asleep before Tavish had a chance to give her a hug and say goodnight. Aw. I later asked him if he ever listens to his music anymore. He said, "not so much, but I play it sometimes for Keva". Again, aw.
No comments:
Post a Comment