Friday, November 29, 2013

Halloween Eve

Sweet child of mine ...

I've been 'that' Mommy, all concerned about the quality and quantity of candy that this time of year seems to invite. There's the dairy and wheat concern that people seem to accept, but my dislike for unhealthy doses of unhealthy sweets seems less socially acceptable. We went to a party at a local dance studio the weekend before Halloween where he was given a generous dose of sugar as a parting gift. Tavish put this 'loot' bag into the fridge for safe keeping after he enjoyed a candy or two. Daddy said the rest of the candy was for Halloween day.

As any normal 4 year old would, Tavish requested some candy daily between the party and the night before Halloween when he says to Tom at bedtime: "Daddy, I can give out my candy from the party to people who come trick-or-treating to our house tomorrow." He expressed that he wants to be sure we have something to give kids who come here. He really is the most generous 4 year old I've ever known. And as I was writing this (and frantically cutting yellow bristol board), I heard the patter of his feet coming downstairs. He had a sticker in his hand that his teacher stuck onto his shirt "I am a caring friend" because he was concerned that we'd forgotten to put it on his mirror with the other ones his teacher has given him. We're not the only ones who have noticed his innate kindness toward others...

We've especially noticed this in Tavish's relationship with his sister. He has always been sweet and considerate but he's even factoring Keva into his future plans. He recently likes to talk a lot about what he'd like for his birthday party in March. Turns out, he'd like to give stickers to his friends, but the best one to Keva and wants to be sure she can help him blow out the candles and will be sure to give the first piece of cake to her. He's so loving and generous...

My heart is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment