Tavish's new public school had a staggered start, so his first day of school was on Friday, September 6th. In an effort to help with the change, I'd arranged a meeting with Tavish's new teacher for Thursday after school. With excitement, Tavish donned his new backpack and filled it with food (from his little kitchen) to carry. It was very sweet to see the pep in his step while I followed along with some secret dread in mine. Time will tick on regardless of my trepidation so I am eternally thankful for Tavish's authentic optimism because it can even make Mommy, who is naturally weary of change, feel some excitement too...
![]() |
| Excited to see his new school |
MOMENT: Public School
I will not glorify this experience. Tavish was a trooper and bravely met with his teacher and his new sparse classroom. There wasn't a great welcome, nor a sense of clarity about what to bring or expect, there also wasn't much in terms of effort made by the teacher to engage or connect with Tavish. His positive attitude made the best of the situation and he generated excitement about the idea of meeting new friends and playing in the playground. I just wish I could share his joy and am grateful that he protects it ...
![]() |
| The new backpack filled with pretend food |
![]() |
| And...he's off running! |



No comments:
Post a Comment