MOMENT: Pom Pom
Tavish is growing up. Of course he is, but I mean he's growing up by separating from us being Mommy-baby, to Mom and son - he's a 'big boy'. With the weather cooling, I pulled out last year's toques and put one out with his coat. When he came to get ready for school at the front door, his words confirmed it all...
Tavish: Mommy, I don't want to wear that hat
Mommy: Okay, sure. Is there a reason?
Tavish: I don't like to wear pom poms anymore
Mommy: Oh. Okay, pick another one from the bin
Tavish: I don't want you to throw it out or give it away though, I might wear it on a weekend or something...
Mommy: I won't, not until you're ready for it to go
Tavish: yeah, I just don't want to wear it to school...
Mommy: Alright, you can wear whichever hat you'd like, but we need to get going
Tavish: so I'll tell you when I'm done with it or it's too small, then you can give it away, okay?
Aw, maybe he's feeling the separation too and is building up the courage to let go, the same way Mommy is trying to...? Either way, this loveable stripey hat won't be donned this winter ... well, unless it's on a weekend...maybe.
![]() |
| Stripey hat circa March 2013 |

No comments:
Post a Comment